Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Libraries in Colorado!

It's been a while since I've posted on here, but hey! I'm still here! Well, not at UP here, but I think you catch my drift.  Anyway, I hope summer has been treating everyone well! I know mine has had its ups and downs, but I've enjoyed it for the most part. You can find out more on my blog...

So library adventures in Colorado?
How does that happen, right?  I wasn't even planning on having library adventures as I headed to this Rocky Mountain state in July, but it happened.  

For starters, my hotel had a library in it!  I didn't get a chance to visit it because people were always in it when I passed by, but it was right next to the elevators so I saw it frequently.  It was just a small room filled with books and a few computers. I just didn't know that a library was an amenity at a hotel.  Different, eh?

The whole purpose for the trip to Colorado was to attend my cousin's wedding.  Best wishes to the bride and groom! While we were outside of the church to see the newlyweds drive off in a limo, I noticed the library across the street! haha I wasn't the only one that noticed either; my cousin's girlfriend asked if it was open. Classic!


Could you imagine having a wedding IN A LIBRARY?  The Today show was talking about unconventional ways to have a wedding, and people were getting married at stores, amusement parks, underwater, and dressed up as their favorite comic book or movie.  Crazy! Just makes me wonder if a library has ever been a place to hold a wedding ceremony...


Before the close of our trip, we visited Manitou Springs, which is around the Colorado Springs area.  Checked out a couple points of interests, like Pike's Peak, Cliff Dwellings, and Cave of the Winds.  Driving through town, I found the public library of Manitou Springs.  Yes, again, I did not go inside.  We were sitting in traffic when I took this picture.

Looks so tranquil, hidden beneath green trees in the summer sunshine! Ah...! I wish I could have gone inside the libraries I saw on this trip.

It's cool that Rick and I are checking out or at least seeing different libraries around the country.  I definitely think this segment should continue.  It would be awesome if we even visited libraries around the world!

Madison and I were discussing how libraries are such a central place for knowledge with all the books.  It's truly fascinating, and I think that's what I really enjoy about libraries.  You can get lost in a book and uncovering a multitude of facts from cover to cover.  It's one of the best feelings to gain new interesting information. :)

17 comments:

  1. It's funny that you bring up someone getting married in the library. When I was at UW, there was a couple getting married in the Harry Potter Library, haha.

    COOL HUH!? I thought it was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait! You're right! Like actually inside it?! Or were they just taking pictures outside of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They took pictures inside of it, but they had the actual wedding in the library. So weird to know that they did that! But again, SO COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Guess they beat me to think it was an original idea. Aww shucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that I would get married in a library, but if it was destined to be...it could happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say they took pictures *outside. I hope you caught my drift, ha

    If you got married in a library ... could we put it on this blog? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. so they took pictures outside and had the actual wedding inside? I hope I'm getting this right.

    Of course! That would be like my ultimate library adventure...! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. They took the pictures outside and the wedding inside. You got it!

    We should all just get married in a library, bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the sake of the blog! bahahaha! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!! For the sake of the blog!

    I think if we were all to get married in a library ... that would ultimately end the blog? :S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...not necessarily. We could still continue having library adventures through travels, kids, books, and maybe even more writers b/c our spouses. I think it may open up our possibilities to continue the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH!! Now let's stop talking about the future, haha. I still don't even know what I'm doing tonight, haha X)

    YAY FOR 12 COMMENTS!! Most comments on a post ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alright alright. Too bad the comments are just from the co-founders. It doesn't really count. :\

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah... I don't understand why I'm not just texting you right now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so when you drive down with me to SLO, do you want to visit our library...the Robert E. Kennedy Library? i think it will still be open. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please visit the library and add it into the blog!! It would be amazing, bahaha.

    ReplyDelete