Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Its me!

Hey all! Its Madison!

I know, I know, Tarra posted a blog saying I would be updating more this summer, but I have been so busy with work and play, I haven't been as diligent as I should be. But I'm here now! Why today, you ask? What is so special about today?

Well....

Today I am the supervisor for today! And I am large and in charge! And to start the day off, Michael-Senior circulation worker- and I decided to have a bake-off to see whose brownies were better. We will find out at the end of the day! Next on the agenda, the circulation workers and I-might i just interject that this is kind of cool that you get to see into the life of a worker, as opposed to your original viewpoint of a library goer patron such as Tarra and Rick- is a little competition. A patron requested 8 books from our library, so I gave half to Angie and half to Michael to see who would retrieve them first.

And who won???

Michael! And Angie came in close second. I only deemed it necessary to give them paper clip gold medals (minus the yogurt cups like in the office) but instead used post it notes. I wonder what else I will think of on this glorious Saturday at the library....

I have a question for all of you. Is it nerdy that I and many of the circulation workers enjoy tattle-taping all of the DVDs-putting a magnetic tape on the DVDs? It is so much fun! You all know you are jealous.

I hope my post was all to your taste, and I hope to be posting more, as more interesting things happen in...Madison's Corner! That sounds like a cheesy PBS show or a column in a big time magazine. I'm keeping it.

Signing off!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! :D

    That was awesome Madison! I can't wait to hear more about life behind the desk as a circulation supervisor! Woot! :)

    P.S. I like Madison's Corner. It kinda reminds me of Sue's Corner..."And that's how Sue 'C's it!" hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Tarra, I like the "Madison's Corner." Keep it!

    Looking forward to reading some more posts of what Madison sees that Tarra, the followers, and I never got to see!

    GO MADISON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaandd...I won the bake-off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a bake-off?! You guys have too much fun! hahaha

    Oh and to answer your question - I've never actually tried putting magnetic tape on DVDs, but it sounds like it could be fun! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. j/k i read that part about the bake-off...

    ReplyDelete