Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Monday, May 3, 2010

"Now that's a wrap!"

I'm now in Oak Harbor, WA. Back at home for a total of 11 days before I head back down to Portland for Summer Semester! I'm actually quite excited about it all. But anyways, I got home and one of the first things I did was go to my Public Library (Sno-Isle Library ... look it up!).

It wasn't the same though.


There wasn't the weird puddle outside of the library that Tarra and I always try to avoid. There wasn't a door that slammed shut and was so loud that the main library doors were closed as to not disrupt students. There definitely was not a lab assistant worker there by the name of Scott Olberding. All the people and things I've come to be familiar with in a library were not there ...
------------------------------------------------------
After a whole semester of spending almost all my time in the library, I've come to realize that library's are fun to be in (Crazy, I know). As we said in our video, we can remember some of the things that happened in our blog as if it were yesterday. Birthdays, being accused of stealing a cash box, being reminded that we only had 15 minutes left - these are only some of the things that we did this past semester in the library. I interacted with people here. They chose to interact back. Seriously though, if it weren't for the people we mention in this blog daily I don't think the blog would have been what it became.

I LOVED everyday I spent in the library. Looking to see if Scott worked the lab assistant desk and getting bummed when I realized he wasn't. To later find out that he was working on homework with Michael*. Seeing faces that later became familiar ones. To some of you this might sound funny, but I made relationships with fellow students at UP in this library. Some relationships started out as bad ones that only became good. Some were just flat out awkward all semester (15 Minutes Guy).

Looking back on all of this, if Tarra and I didn't write this blog I don't think I'd have been so excited to go to the library. I know I wouldn't have some of the new friends that I made from the library. Unfortunately, workers recognized me outside, and well ... that led to some awkward crossings (haha. Tarra, you know what one I'm talking about). My second semester of freshman year wouldn't have been the same without this blog.

Without this blog, Tarra would have just been another friend that I saw in the library. That's if I even went to the library everyday. With this blog though I can honestly say that Tarra is like family now. She sure feels like family, ha.

I might be straying away from what I really want to say, but I have to say thanks to Tarra. Thanks for making my second semester what it was. It was a joint collaboration on even coming up with creating a way to make our adventures known to the general public. At first it was just our closest friends reading the blog, now the library workers read it. I wonder who else is reading it now :P

As for the future of this blog, just come find me in the library these next three years. I'll definitely be there, just like how Villa is home to me, the library is my second home. I don't think I'd have it any other way. I hope to find a new co-author, but if not, that's cool too. Just look for me and maybe you could end up in the blog as well :)

I'm signing out for now! Have an awesome summer guys. To the Class of 2010, Congratulations on Graduating. Go out there and do what you plan on doing. Internships, working, Graduate school? Go out there and help lead this world!
------------------------------------------------------
(this was a dream I had a few weeks ago)

Rick and Tarra were writing their last blog that they'd ever write together. No one was really in the library except for them and other workers. As they finished up their blog and hit "submit" the director yelled, "THAT WAS PERFECT! THAT'S A WRAP! NOW BRING OUT ALL THE STARS OF THE SHOW!!"

Cast
15 Minutes Guy (Old & New)

Andrew Hansen

Michael B
room
Caitlin Chu

Colin Dorwart

Emily Rizzo

Hillary White

Ian Hilger

Jedidiah Fugle
Jeff Makjavich
Kati McConn
Katie Capps
Kristina Large
Lia Samieenejad
Library Worker #1
Library Worker #2
Madison Blake
Megan Kirchgasler
Sam Riofta
Scott Olberding
Sean Ducey
Zack Imfeld

Then the director yelled out to bring the two stars of the show:


TARRA MCCURDY AND RICK BALEROS!

If you're wondering how the dream ended, I was signed for the next three years. Now that's a wrap!

3 comments:

  1. you mean PART of a dream...

    Ah! Nice ending to the blog. I'm still working on mine, but I'm really excited for you and the rest of our readers to see it! YAY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already miss the adventures... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Caitlin.

    Tarra might be done, but I'm only starting. I've got 3 years!

    ReplyDelete