Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sno-Isle Public Library.



Since my days, as of right now, of being at University of Portland have taken a pause. I get the pleasure of going to my public library. As I said in my closing statement of the spring semester's blogs, it's definitely not the same. I knew right away walking in that I was, for the most part, the only student here who was going to a university rather than a community college, but hey, college is college.

So right now though, I'm sitting within the stacks only because almost every flippin seat seems to be taken. Also, it feels really weird being one of the few people with a laptop ...

As for my reasons coming to my library though, it's not just because I have this void in my heart that says "RICK GET TO THE LIBRARY!" I'm here because 1) I lost my library card from my junior year of high school, so obviously I had to get a new one. They look different, but 2) Like my friend Tarra, reading used to be something I enjoyed, but then I got to high school and then college rolled around. I don't think I've found the time to truly just sit down on my couch at home and read a good book for the hell of just reading it. Maybe even connecting with the characters. Finding all of those underlying messages that the author is trying to get the reader to understand. So I'm here to check out some books to read this summer.

Well, I'm off to go check out some of those books, especially Crime and Punishment!

To our followers: Are you guys reading anything this summer that isn't a text book? I'm not going to lie, I would love to know what you guys are reading, if you're reading anything at all. I'm pretty sure Tarra would enjoy knowing too :)

PS. As for the atmosphere here, people need to SHUT UP because they are talking so flippin loud. It definitely is weird being in a library with high school and even middle school students. eh.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Rick, I'm reading this summer. I am a teacher and, much like college students, teachers also reading during the summer because we're too busy during the year. I just finished "Strength That is Within." It was an AMAZING and true story about a man who survived the recent genocide in Burundi and has returned to his country to bring hope to his people. You should read it after you finish your kinda lame substitute for "Crime and Punishment." Mmm... Old Spice. The spice of life.

    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete