Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

8:10 am

Since it is in fact 8 in the morning and no one is awake, there is no better time than now to write a blog.

Oh hey, its 8:12 in the morning and I'm in the library on a Tuesday. Why?

Well, I'll tell you.

Every semester, all of the circulation workers sign up for hours for the next semester, usually right after registration. I wanted to get good hours, and avoid evenings due to the fact that I haven't been sleeping. I have succeeded in my task. I arrived at 7:30 when the library opened, which surprisingly there were quite a few people waiting to get in. It reminded me of an instance in which I had to buy some yarn one morning before I went to breakfast before one of my AP tests in high school. Joanne fabrics opens at 9am. And let me tell you, at 8:45, there were old ladies lining up by the dozen. But it gets better. When the clock struck nine, and the doors had yet to be opened, there were ladies pounding on the door to get let in. Its as if it was there only mission in life was to get into Joanne Fabrics on a Saturday morning at 9am. But wait, there is more. After they had been let in, they went the speed of molasses walking around the store, in search of nothing in particular.

I always wonder who owns that yellow bug in the parking lot. Every time I sit in our spot on the second floor balcony facing the parking lot, the yellow VW Beetle sticks out among all the rest, mostly because all of the cars are either a muted color like silver, beige, or black, or something dull, like light blue or white. I also feel I used muted wrong. Oh well, this is my blog, and I can use adjectives how I want, especially at 8 in the morning on a Tuesday.

I'd say that was quite a tangent, don't you?

ANYWAY! I am quite thrilled to report, the only day that I am working even remotely late is on Tuesdays from 4-8, which I have absolutely no problem with because 8pm is not 12am. =D

Did I mention there is only one other person on the balcony at this time? Its quite nice. I have my dirty chai-when my mom heard that she said that sounded disgusting-disney/avatar soundtrack music, and behavioral neuroscience. Add on that I have a cold, had no sleep and have to study for behavioral neuroscience, and I think it just might weigh out to neutral.

Oh yeah, that was a good stretch. You missed it. =D

So for all of you blog readers, aside from sleep, what is your favorite thing to do at 8 in the morning?

Keep it real. Own it.
Madison Delaney Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment