Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rain. Rain. Rain.

Yes. It is in fact raining here. As it does most days throughout fall, winter, spring, and parts of summer. I guess you could say that Oregon has two seasons: Rain and More Rain. I personally have no problem with it, mostly because I have lived here for more than 19 years. However, there are some who don't accustom as well to it. I wonder what my co-auther thinks, since he is a Cali guy........

"California girls, we're undeniable, daisy dukes, bikinis on top. Fine, fresh, fierce, we've got it on lock. West coast represent, now put your hands up! Ooooh Oh Ooooh!"

Speaking of which, Zack, please don't ever wear daisy dukes. Its not right for men to do so. My neighbor did whenever he washed his semi truck. Ironic? Especially because his shorts were shorter then his wife's. Yeah, just let that image fester in your minds for a bit....Oh, and blogger also says your name is spelled wrong.

I've never actually been to California, but I hear it is nice. I also hear the smog is lovely and everyone digs the traffic. However, as wonderful as California sounds in all its glory that I have yet to see due to lack of opportunity, Oregon has many wonderful attributes as well.

1. Changing Leaves: oranges, red's, yellows. We also get the pleasure of jumping in them when they are dry and crunchy. I never miss an opportunity to become a 5 year old again.
2. GREEN!: I've seen some pretty dead places. The amount of life the color green brings to an area really has an impact on one's mood, community, and love of nature.
3. End of the Oregon Trail: Yes, I have to represent the fact that I'm from Oregon City, which also happens to be the end of the Oregon Trail.
4. University of Portland: which by the way, is kick ass. I mean come on, our school color is purple. =D

Can you think of what else makes Oregon awesome?
WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!

Own it!

Madison Blake
p.s. I am currently sitting on the second floor balcony facing, not the parking lot, but this odd painting that I cant tell if its a bunch of weird trees, or a city with its reflection in some water right below it. I hate it when you can't actually tell what something is.....

2 comments:

  1. Bahaha. I love that this about rain. Personally, I used to like the rain, but then again, rain in Idaho usually turns to snow...

    Anyways, it's cold and rainy, my two least favorite things. I should go to the library to work on my project... that I should be doing right not. But guess who failed to retain the information learned in class to help with the project? Me. I fail.

    Btw, Luke Sikma is sitting two computers away... awkward.

    That's not the point. Oregon is awesome because of the nature surrounding the city! It's beautiful! Although green is not foreign to me, I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COFFEE...and lots of it! ;)

    Haha j/k

    But being away from Portland...

    I miss not using an umbrella and soaking in the cool raindrops in my hair, on my face, and on Columbia jacket.

    I miss walking out in jeans and t-shirt/hoodie and feeling good about that b/c everyone else is probably wearing something weirder or even more casual.

    I miss looking out over the Bluff and seeing Forest Park and all it's green-ness, especially on days when it's foggy/rainy and you feel like you just stepped onto the 'Twilight' set. bahahaha

    But most of all...

    I miss UP and all my friends there! I miss those late nights in the basement. I miss those random dance videos we made. I miss hanging out with everyone and having adventures, whether that was going to CPB's most excellent events, exploring downtown, dancing it up at McFadden's/Crystal Ballroom, getting a midnight snack at VooDoo Donuts, having the most amazing food ever at sweet restaurants like Little Red Bike Cafe, or just chilling in the library, getting our study on.

    Portland, Oregon is AWESOME! I will return in the NEAR future. I know it! :)

    ReplyDelete