Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Visit #5 & more library time at UP.

...was last Thursday.  I made an impromptu visit to the Multnomah County Library.  I got to do some more research, and as always, it was pretty interesting!  I really enjoy looking at old magazines from the 1940s.  Life was definitely different during those times.  I kinda wish I got to experience it, even though I'd most definitely be one of those independent women, trying to change the world (or something like that).  I wish I had time to read some of the fiction stories in there because they looked intriguing.  However, I'm pretty sure most of them were about women trying to get in relationships. Bahahaha...! Anywho, it was a productive day in the library once again! YES!

Because I wanted to record my presence, I had to take a picture (for the sake of the blog, of course).  However, weird stuff was going down.  As I was stacking my books (bound magazines), I could totally tell this guy on my right was watching me. CREEPER! Seriously though. I guess it didn't help I was wearing a dress and all. I definitely couldn't smile at my computer because why else would you do that?! Hmmm...so I ended up looking all tired or depressed (or both?!). Actually, it's a face of annoyance because that stupid creeper was hindering me from taking a good picture. WEIRD-O. But nevertheless, I got a picture with my stack of books! WIN!

After spending a good part of my Thursday afternoon at the county library, I hosted the CPB End of the Year party! Good times!  :)

After that hecka mega break, it was back to the UP library.  Madison and I sat at the balcony facing the parking lot.  Rick met up with us but was doing his own thing.  Pretty sure we called him out for talking too much.  Sorry dude, but it's true (still).  But yeah, I had to leave for a floor meeting back in Fields and came back with gelato (courtesy of Kristina Large)!  It was awesome. Back to work until closing...the usge.

Thursday and Friday ended up being one long day for me, if you catch my drift...

2 comments: