Awesome friends telling other awesome friends what is up in the Library, specifically, the second floor balcony facing the parking lot.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

13 minutes left...

Last week Rick and I went to the library at like 11:20 p.m. Yeah, I know, sounds kinda pointless when there's only 40 minutes left.

Anywho, when there was 15 minutes left, one of the workers came over and did the basic protocol for informing students that there's only 15 minutes left until closing. Only difference was that this library worker didn't just pause to tell me, he came over, leaned up on the computer desk I was sitting at, and said, "Hey. The library closes in 15 minutes." I was like, "Thanks." In my head, I was just thinking, "Why did he stop to tell me that when most of the workers just walk by and say that?" Interesting.

Not only that, but when I went to check out my books, one worker was already stationed at the counter, and the guy that told me there was 15 minutes left decided to help out. Both were really helpful, but still. I'm pretty sure that's a one person job.

So...last night, Rick and I encounter the 15 minute guy, but this time when he came around, there was only 13 minutes left...?!?! What?! haha Also, Rick really wanted to wave at him when he was shelving books. Mind you, we don't even know this guy's name. In fact, I've never seen him before until last week. Weird...?

I'm sure we'll encounter him again on a late Wednesday night...even Thursday. Who knows?

Tonight, Rick and I are taking a break from the library and studying it up in Fields/Schoenfeldt Halls. Rick has some major tests tomorrow, while I have to finalize my topic for my capstone and get some stuff done before leaving this weekend. Hopefully I do.

Well, thanks for keeping up with our blog thus far. We'll have more adventures next week! See ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment